Tutor Home Program
Program not currently accepting applications.
Our “homeowner in training” program. The Tutor Home program provides residents the opportunity to lease a home for up to two years while they take steps to prepare for the purchase of their own home.
How It Works:
- You receive one-on-one coaching about the home buying process.
- We review your credit report and suggest steps to improve your credit score, if needed.
- We help you develop a spending plan and make deliberate decisions about where you want your money to go.
- You have access to a matched savings account (VIDA).
- A portion of your rent is set aside and applied toward the purchase of your own home, upon successful program completion.
- We support you through the home loan and closing processes.
Are You Eligible?
- Preference given to current Housing Choice Voucher holder and FSS graduate applicants
- Available to those earning 80% or less of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Must reside or work in Deschutes, Crook or Jefferson County
- Tenants must demonstrate that by the end of the lease a) their income will be sufficient to support a mortgage, and b) they will be in a position to obtain mortgage financing
- Participants must comply with a Tutor Home Lease Agreement, pass home inspections, and complete program requirements
Contact our Homeownership Specialist now to find out more.