Own a Home
Wondering how you can afford to buy a home in Central Oregon? Since 1996, we’ve provided coaching, financial support, and innovative avenues to home ownership for over 100 families and individuals.
We provide comprehensive mentoring that helps clients navigate the path to buying their own homes.
How It Works:
- We help you create a personalized action plan to prepare you for home ownership. This blueprint may include financial and home buying education, credit building, budgeting, building personal assets and orientation on various home loan programs.
- We work closely with those involved–Realtor, inspector, lender and escrow officer—to help you navigate the home buyer process. You receive continued support through the lending and closing processes.
Are You Eligible?
- Must income qualify under program guidelines (at or below 80% of Area Median Income)
- Must reside or work in Deschutes, Crook or Jefferson Counties
- First-time homebuyers (no ownership interest in the past three years) or a single parent or displaced homemaker who owned a home with his or her spouse, with some exceptions
- Must show income sufficient to support a mortgage and homeownership expenses
Contact our Homeownership Specialist now to find out more.
HomeQuest Ground Lease Program
To expand opportunities for home ownership to more moderate-income households, Housing Works created the innovative Ground Lease program. We acquire and rehab existing houses, or develop new properties, then sell these homes to qualified homebuyers. The home buyer owns the improvements while Housing Works retains ownership of the land, which significantly lowers the purchase price of the home for the buyer. Learn More
Tutor Home Program
Our “homeowner in training” program, Tutor Home, provides residents the opportunity to lease a home for up to two years while they take steps to prepare for the purchase of their own home. Learn More
Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Option
Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) holders may qualify to apply their monthly housing assistance towards a mortgage payment instead of rent. Learn More
Other Home Ownership Opportunities