FAQ For Section 8 Landlords

How Do I Qualify to Accept Section 8 Housing Assistance Payments for My Rental Units?

Once you have a Housing Choice Voucher tenant come to you to rent a property, and you have completed tenancy screening along with the required voucher program forms, the unit you wish to rent will need to pass a health and safety inspection.  See the categories we inspect for in our Housing Quality Standards FAQ. You must also agree to enroll in our Direct Deposit Enrollment Program; voucher monies are remitted directly from the tenants and Housing Works to the checking or savings account of your choice each month.

Where Can I Post My Listings of Section 8-Approved Rentals?

Go to the List Your Property page.  You may add units willing to accept a Housing Choice Voucher’s, post vacancies, or remove units from your Housing Choice Voucher inventory.

How Do I Access the Direct Deposit System for Housing Assistance Payments?

Landlords with units approved to accept Section 8 vouchers must participate in the Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) direct deposit program.  After signing up for direct deposit, monthly voucher payments are electronically deposited into a landlord’s existing checking or savings account.  To sign up, fill out the Landlord Direct Deposit Enrollment Form and return it to Housing Works.

To access the Landlord portal direct deposit system, click on this link RentCafe Landlord Portal.

I Have Properties in Several Counties. Which of my Central Oregon Rentals are Eligible for the Section 8 Voucher Program?

 Housing Works is the sole administrator of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers for Crook, Jefferson and Deschutes Counties. All rental units are eligible for participation in the Housing Choice Voucher program, as long as the unit meets Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and the landlord is willing to comply with the terms of the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract.

What is Housing Works’ Relationship to HUD?

Housing Works is a public municipal corporation that contracts with HUD to administer the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program in Central Oregon.

I’m Selling My Property, and the New Owner Wishes to Keep Accepting Section 8 Vouchers.  What Do I Need to Do?

Fill out the Change of Ownership Payee Form and return it to Housing Works.

Two Tenants Were Recently Divorced.  Do I Need to Do Anything to Make Sure My Section 8 Voucher Direct Deposits Keep Coming?

Fill out the Landlord Approval for Household Change Form and return it to Housing Works.

Housing Works
405 SW 6th Street
Redmond, OR 97756